Thank you for choosing Burlington Trailways for your charter needs. This document contains all of the terms and conditions under which Burlington Trailways (“Company”) agrees to furnish the designated service to you (“Customer”). This document, when signed by Customer, will constitute a legally binding contract; any change in the stated itinerary and/or contract price will not be binding upon the Company unless it is evidenced by another document in writing executed by a duly authorized officer of the Company.
The total contract price stated on the Acceptance is based upon the specific service requested by Customer. Customer is therefore encouraged to carefully read the entire contract document before signing. If any errors or omissions are discovered, return the contract unsigned; please make a notation of all errors or omissions either on this document or in a separate writing. If the Company agrees that this document contains any errors or omissions, a new contract will be prepared and furnished to Customer.
CHARTERS BOOKED 31 OR MORE DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE
CHARTERS BOOKED 30 DAYS OR LESS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather,* the following procedures will be put into effect for the Company (Burlington Trailways) and the Customer (individual who booked the charter):
1 – The Company will monitor the weather situation as it develops. If the Company determines the weather conditions are unsafe for travel, it reserves the right to cancel any and all scheduled charters at any time.
2 – When foreseeable weather conditions warrant concern, the Company will contact the Customer and let the Customer know what day and time a driver is scheduled to begin duty for the charter. This will allow the customer the ability to decide whether to cancel or travel before the group may have fees assessed for a cancellation.
- For this reason, the Company must have record of a Customer phone number that is answered 24 hours a day.
3 – If the Customer intends to cancel the charter and receive a full refund without penalty, it is mandatory that the Customer contact the Company at least 12 hours prior to the time a driver is scheduled to begin duty for the charter.
- If the Customer fails to contact the Company at least 12 hours prior to the time a driver is scheduled to begin duty for the charter, the Customer is responsible for the driver’s wages and any other fees accrued for the charter prior to cancellation. (Examples of fees include: driver’s wages, hotel expenses, mileage driven, etc.)
- A phone message or e-mail left for the Burlington Trailways Charter Department does not constitute contact. The Customer must speak with a live representative of the Company regarding a charter cancellation due to inclement weather. The Company has a phone line that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This phone number is 319-753-2864 x118.
4 – The Company will make the final decision if the motorcoach will be allowed to travel.
- If the Customer has followed the above listed procedures and decides to continue with the charter as planned, but the Company cancels the charter prior to the listed charter passenger pick-up time, the Customer will then receive a full refund with no penalties.
- If the Customer has followed the above listed procedures and decides to continue with the charter as planned, but the Company determines that weather conditions are unsafe for travel while en route during the charter and delays driving, the Customer will be responsible for any costs such as meals, accommodations, etc. that the delay in travel causes.
5 – The Company will work with the Customer to help make the best possible decision regarding their charter. The Company cannot guarantee that the Customer will not incur expenses due to the volatility of weather and therefore cannot take that responsibility.
*Inclement weather refers to conditions that create hazardous roadways that prevent the safe travel of the motorcoach.