We at Burlington Trailways pledge that as an intercity bus rider you should experience a safe and reliable bus ride with professional and courteous service. This includes having a clean and comfortable bus with clear rules for how to ride and be safe onboard the bus and in case of emergency.
I. A safe ride every time
- Compliance with all vehicle and traffic laws and regulations.
- Fully trained drivers.
- Vehicles that meet all applicable safety requirements.
- Safe and orderly loading and unloading of passengers.
II. Courteous, clean and accessible service
- Clean, comfortable and well-maintained vehicles and terminals.
- Professional courteous drivers.
- Assistance for disabled persons at terminals, street side locations and on board.
- No discrimination with respect to prices or carriage.
III. Dependable Service
- On-time service with consideration given to events outside the operator’s control including weather, construction, congestion, etc.
- Adequate assistance determined on a case-by-case basis in situations of last minute cancellations or following a material delay caused by the operator.
- Reasonable compensation or rerouting in situations of overbooking or in cases of cancellation or a material delay caused by the operator.
IV. Accurate and timely information
- Accurate information regarding routes, schedules and fares, including onboard announcements of stops.
- Timely information on service delays, including cancellations.
- Travel information for all passengers before and during their journey as well as general information about travel in terminals and online.
- A complaint handling mechanism available to all passengers for issues involving travel, baggage, package express and accommodations for disabled persons.
- Knowledge of the bus number to report incidents.
- Diligent investigation and timely redress of complaints.
- Please feel free to contact us at (319) 753 – 2864 x140.
VI. Transparent safety measures
- Travelers planning a bus trip are encouraged to think safety first before buying a ticket or chartering a bus by using the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) “Look Before You Book” video and safety tips, available at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety/look-you-book/passengers-%E2%80%93-stay-safe-and-look-you-book.
- The SaferBus mobile app gives bus riders a quick and free way to review a bus company’s safety record before buying a ticket or booking group travel. The SaferBus app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android phone users, can be downloaded for free by visiting FMCSA’s webpage at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety/passenger-safety/saferbus-mobile-application.
- Consumers can also file a complaint by calling FMCSA’s toll free hotline 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888-368-7238) from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday or through the online National Consumer Complaint Database.
VII. Combatting Human Trafficking & Sexual Assault
- Carriers will endeavor to train all drivers and front-line employees to recognize and report any observable occurrences of human trafficking or sexual assault to the appropriate authorities.
- Carriers will endeavor to make reporting avenues available to all passengers and members of the general public passing through or near intercity transportation terminals to enable them to report any observable occurrences of human trafficking or sexual assault to the appropriate authorities.